Monday, March 2, 2009

Climbing

I am not a huge fan of pop music, but I heard a new song on the radio yesterday that I like—"The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. There are some good truths in the song that I think resonate well with the concept of sleeping with bread.
“There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move…
Ain't about what’s waiting on the other side

It's the climb…

The struggles I'm facing,

The chances I'm taking

Sometimes they knock me down but

No I'm not breaking…”
Life is a journey that we’re taking and we weigh the struggles with the successes and persevere because we can see and hold the good. What were this week’s high points?
I had a real conversation with my brother on his birthday! And so did our mother!

Spring-like days... A colleague and I took an afternoon walk in the park on Wednesday just to enjoy the weather.


What were this week’s low points?

I have not been productive about my writing at work. “Just write ten pages a week,” R says. Gee that sound
s easy, but my best intentions are not getting it done.
I tried to accomplish something that I really do not want to do, but have only managed to play phone tag.
It's still winter... The local weather’s ability to go from nearly 70 degrees to snow flurries in 36 hours never ceases to amaze me.


Learn more about Sleeping with Bread here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the weather, but all in all, it sounds like you've had a pretty good week. Keep persevering and holding the good. :)

Mel said...

What brilliant lyrics....

Every once in a while I cross paths with 'today' lyrics that say a mouthful...and it's a joy, truly. Something about music....it sticks with me and lifts me to places I need to be, yaknow?

10 pages a day?!
Oh boy....I'd be in HUGE trouble. LOL

Blessings to you and yours!

ashley said...

Unfinished person: It's nice to know that others understand the big influence weather can have on the daily outlook.

Mel: 10 pages/week... It should be a little more doable than 10/day! But it's still a formidable task.

Pamela said...

I also struggle with my writing commitments. Life seems to get in the way, or at least I let it. Is it possible for you to break that ten pages into smaller goals? Say, writing for 20 minutes per day, or one page on weekdays with a little more on the weekend? I think one key is to lock up that inner critic until he's actually needed later on.

Good luck and "keep on keeping on," as they say. :)