Thursday, June 25, 2009

Illustrated Thunks

Welcome to the June 24th version of Thursday Thunks!
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by
Berleen, the number 1559 and the color calico.

[Since I’m at am imaging conference today, I will try to thunk in pictures. Don’t tell my department chair how much fun I was having with Google images in the back row of the congress.]

1. Someone knocks at your door. You answer it. It's a kid from the local school selling candy bars for a fundraiser. Do you buy one?
My first thoughts would be who has children in this building and why are they breaking the community rules. If the child can articulate why (s)he I selling candy bars, I usually do buy one.


2. The end of the world is tomorrow and you are out of milk - do you go buy some?
“No one knows about that day or hour” (Matthew 24: 36)
The end of the world plays no role in my consideration of whether to buy milk because I won't know that the end of the world is coming anyway. I don’t generally run out to the store as soon as I run out of milk, but should I be passing the store on my way home, I probably would.


3. Have you ever picked up the phone and called someone that you hadn't talked to in years?
I cannot imagine why I ever would. I would rather write a letter—handwritten on stationary, mailed with a stamp.


4. What’s on your computer desktop background?


5. What was the very first movie you saw in a movie theater?
I remember seeing the Fox and the Hound and Star Trek… not sure which came first.
6. If you had to take a 10th grade science test, do you think you would pass?
Where I went to high school we had an inverted science curriculum, so my view of what tenth grade science should be is skewed. I took chemistry that year and would easily be able to pass a chemistry test. Some friends had courses like earth science, which I might not be able to pass without studying.

7. Describe heaven.
All joy and happiness forever in the presence of Our Lord, too beautiful for us to imagine.
8. Has a place that you lived ever been infested with some sort of insect or rodent?
One dormitory room I lived in in undergrad had an ant problem until I used caulk to seal the window. For some reason the ants would climb to the third floor, but maintenance couldn't be bothered to do anything.

9. When you were a youngin', did you hide in the clothes racks at department stores?
Yes, my sister and I would play hide-and-seek. It only became a big deal the time that she realized that she’d lost her favorite stuffed dog as we were leaving the mall. We had to re-climb through so many racks to find Fluffy. Oh were we in trouble then.

10. Is there anything in your vehicle that is broken?
The latch on the flap the covers the cup holders has been broken for a long time, so it’s always popped up. It’s been that way for so long that I’m not sure that I would close it if it were to suddenly be fixed.


11. What is something in your house that people would be surprised to find?



12. Do you agree with the death penalty?
I am pro-life—from conception to natural death.


13. What’s your favorite type of bear?


14. Where was the last place you went?
"Cancer Camp"

15. What if that person knocking at your door earlier was an adult selling candy bars... would you buy one?

1 comment:

Mel said...

*laughing*

Lovin' the desktop wallpaper! AND the shower curtain!