This week has been as capricious as the springtime weather with highs, lows, and everything in between.
The sunny, yet slightly chilly, days contain the promise of brighter things to come. I feel pretty good about the interviews I had this past week. One interviewer said to me after my seminar presentation, “you done good.” Whether I get an offer from this institution or not, I feel much better about interviews to come, having one set under my belt.
The snow flurries are a dreary reminder of winter and not welcome, especially at this time of year. I had another conference to attend this week. I used to look forward to these as opportunities to take a break from routine and to connect with other people. Now they more often seem to be a disruption in my routine and a hindrance to productivity.
Humid and stormy days are exciting. As the wind blows and the lightening flashes, I sense the energy of the brewing storm and feel vivacious. Hanging out with BD made for a great evening. He really seems to know how to draw my introverted self out and make me smile.

The overcast days with intermittent showers are depressing. The damp seeps in when you venture out, and hibernating seems like a preferable option to facing the world outdoors. I was having a blah day, and then someone made me so frustrated that I cried. I needed to retreat to the chapel to recharge myself spiritually before I could really face the world again. Unfortunately that couldn't be accomplished until much later.
Warm, sunny days taunt us with the prospect of summer—long days, warmth, outdoor activities. I planted the bulbs and seeds in my planter boxes on a sunny late afternoon. I cannot wait to see the foliage emerge from the dark soil and blossom.
Bon Nuit.
The sunny, yet slightly chilly, days contain the promise of brighter things to come. I feel pretty good about the interviews I had this past week. One interviewer said to me after my seminar presentation, “you done good.” Whether I get an offer from this institution or not, I feel much better about interviews to come, having one set under my belt.The snow flurries are a dreary reminder of winter and not welcome, especially at this time of year. I had another conference to attend this week. I used to look forward to these as opportunities to take a break from routine and to connect with other people. Now they more often seem to be a disruption in my routine and a hindrance to productivity.
Humid and stormy days are exciting. As the wind blows and the lightening flashes, I sense the energy of the brewing storm and feel vivacious. Hanging out with BD made for a great evening. He really seems to know how to draw my introverted self out and make me smile.

The overcast days with intermittent showers are depressing. The damp seeps in when you venture out, and hibernating seems like a preferable option to facing the world outdoors. I was having a blah day, and then someone made me so frustrated that I cried. I needed to retreat to the chapel to recharge myself spiritually before I could really face the world again. Unfortunately that couldn't be accomplished until much later.
Warm, sunny days taunt us with the prospect of summer—long days, warmth, outdoor activities. I planted the bulbs and seeds in my planter boxes on a sunny late afternoon. I cannot wait to see the foliage emerge from the dark soil and blossom.
Bon Nuit.
3 comments:
Eeyore!
Okay, got that out of the way. This is a great post. Your connecting your week to the ever changing weather was wonderful. Thanks for sharing!
"capricious"
What an excellent choice of words to describe the fickleness of the springtime weather and the doings around me.
Better keep my focus on the whole loaf. I know where putting it on the slice gets me, yaknow?
But thank you--and I'm sorry some of the slices handed to you haven't be particularly warm and inviting.
*sending prayers and positive thoughts*
And lots of hope on the interview processes you're going through!
Welcome to the Bread bakery - what a cheerful page you've created!
Post a Comment