When did I feel most drained of life?
I prepared two presentations at work on very short notice. (This is cruel and unusual punishment to heap on top of normal projects.) One went fairly well; the other was a collaboration and only barely passable.
When I called my mother to share the small good (although slightly nerve-wracking) bit of news I had, she only had bad news to share. While I like to be kept informed, it has been mostly unfortunate news lately. (If you could shoot a prayer for my family up to “the big guy,” I’d really appreciate it.)
I took advantage of BP’s shoulder and guidance mid-week and did not feel much better afterwards. BD passed by while BP and I were sitting there. Next time I was around, BD asked if I was okay and told me that I had looked really pained. I knew I felt that way, but didn’t realize how outwardly visible it was.
Last week's grading was turned in late, and this week's might be too. But I'm going to try to get it done today.
I spent my Saturday at the Cathedral and didn’t realize how gorgeous the day was until I left to see the guys for Vespers. It was a long, exhausting day; however, I love the beauty of the liturgies and don’t mind helping do the work that is required to make them that way. And the sisters that came for the ordinations were so incredibly wonderful. I found one of them to be a kindred spirit, as Anne of Green Gables would say.
Saturday night the guys invited me to go out for drinks with a small group. It had been a long day, so I was reluctant. Eventually I was persuaded into going with them. I am glad I went because I ended up having a lovely time.
I have stack of items to take the post office tomorrow. I enjoyed stuffing plastic eggs, nestling them in paper “grass,” and writing short notes to friends and family. And Fr. Sproat will be receiving Cadbury eggs from “Jemima Puddle-Duck” (a joke from years ago).
I bought bulbs and sunflower seeds at the nursery yesterday that I’ll have to wait to plant because it’s snowing today. But it was so much fun looking at them and anticipating the color that will eventually be blooming outside my window.
Interestingly, I had more difficulty sleeping during the week than I had this weekend. I really believe in the principle of Sleeping with Bread. We all need some consolation to hold as a promise for the future.It’s HOLY WEEK! I know that it will be long and a lot of work, but I am so looking forward to it. I wish you all a blessed Holy Week.

2 comments:
Interestingly enough--my sleep pattern wasn't good last week. I can't say it was much improved on the weekend--perhaps that's an indicator of what I'm still hanging on to, huh?
And I hope Holy Week blesses you with many good things--peacefilled moments of 'knowing' and restful, painless sleep.
*sending prayers for the family and for you*
I am so so sorry to hear of the bad news with your family....I have been thinking about your brother over the last few weeks actually...I wanted to ask you about him & how he's doing.
I will DEFINITLY pray for your family situation.
and I will also think of 5 interview questions for you!!
GOD BLESS
xxx
Post a Comment