So that the news doesn’t get too old, I will share three interesting articles that I found in the past week without much commentary.
The recent NYT article “Believing in Treatments” provides instances of ideology trumping scientific evidence. How am I ever going to use cough drops again? They’ve ruined it for me! (And now I suppose I’ve ruined it for y’all too. *smirk*)
The animal kingdom continues to prove that they may be much smarter than we regularly grant them. The BBC reported on a recent article in Proceedings of the Royal Society B in which Italian researchers demonstrate that baby chicks can count. At least they're only doing basic arithmetic; I’d be worried if they could manage more complicated equations and be competitive against some of my students' math skills.

The Telegraph reports on St Alban's Cathedral's campaigning for the revival of a more traditional hot cross bun, the Alban bun. I'd try making them for the guys, but there's no recipe provided.
Unless life throws me another curve ball, I’ll be back more regularly after Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment